Friday, June 17, 2011

Beauty from Ashes

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. —Isaiah 61:3.

I am sure that there are many ideas about what beauty from ashes is all about but I am just sharing what the Lord ministered to me. ☺

Everyday when I make the exchange I am overwhelmed. All I can give the Lord is my pain, my failures, my hurts, my disappointments, my bitterness, my anger, my loneliness, my unbelief, my anxiety, my fear, my doubts. He takes all that and in exchange He gives me Joy, Peace, Love, Forgiveness, Courage, Protection, Restoration, Healing, Faith, Compassion, Grace, Mercy..
What have I done to deserve it??
NOTHING!
He just freely gives it. He truly takes my ashes and in return gives me beauty.

What an amazing God we serve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment