Friday, June 17, 2011

In Times of Heat & Drought

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. - Jeremiah 17:7-8

When I was thinking on this verse what spoke to me the most was, I will not fear when heat comes.

I do not have to fear when the heat comes, when the trials come, when the pressures of life come my way. Through it all I am promised life! As the leaf remains green so I remain alive in Him.

I also do not have to worry in times of drought. In those dry times when it seems I am not producing fruit. I am reminded of a tree in winter. On the outside it looks dead. It has no leaves, no fruit. But inside it is still producing and in it's due season will yield those leaves and fruit. If I put my trust in Him I will never cease from yielding fruit. And I must not lose hope when I can not see the outward appearances. I will not focus on what I can see with my eyes but on what is not seen yet.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

That is a great promise and one of God's treasures for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment