Friday, June 17, 2011

Why God?

God will always talk to us but we don't want to hear
Sometimes because of doubt, sometimes because of fear
Sometimes it is a simple thing that God wants us to do
like walk up to someone you know and say, "Jesus loves you."
Other times we just don't hear because we're doing other things
Too busy God! No time for that. No time to praise and sing
No time to kneel and pray to you. No time to read Your Word.
Fasting?! Are you crazy? That is totally absurd!
Sometimes we don't listen cause we're afraid of what He'll say
that He might reveal some sin and make us change our way
Sometimes it's pure rebellion. We shut the door and lock it tight
So, Jesus comes a knocking but we shut out the light
The one day you need Him. Your life's beyond repair
You open the dor so quickly. You expect to find Him there.
You cry out, "Where are you God? What kind of friend are you?
Why aren't you beside me now?" God says, I am with you.
I never left, you were the one who pushed me far away
You shut the door, you locked it tight and hid the key away.
So many times I called to you but you didn't want to hear
So many times I came to you but you didn't want me near
I sent my son to die for you and take away your sin
but you didn't care enough for Him to ever let Him in.
And you wonder why your life's a mess and in need of repair?
You try to blame it all on me? Do you really think that's fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment