Friday, June 17, 2011

Trust God not Man

One thing I know as I have gotten older is that God will truly never fail me.

I have had best friends but they have failed
I have had relationships but they have failed
I have been in the "inner circle" but it failed
I have had jobs but they failed
I owned a business but it is no more

The one thing that stands out to me is the things of this world will fail. They will pass away. They will fade.
Yet in our humanity we still seek popularity, strive for status and high positions, seek for fame and riches.

But all that will fail, will fade, will come to nothing.

The one thing that brings me comfort is to know that even if there is no one who wants to spend time with me or gets excited to see me, even if there is no one who wants to hear from me or speak with me, or finds any value in me....it doesn't matter!

It doesn't matter because the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the creator of everything..HE wants to spend time with me. He wants to hear from me. He wants to speak with me. He sees value in me. He has a purpose and a plan for me. He loves me. And HE WILL NEVER FAIL ME!

How incredible it is to know.
In Isaiah 2:22 it says: Don't put your trust in mere humans. They are as fail as breath. What good are they?

It is clear that we are to put our trust in God and God alone. Yet in our humanity we are always wanting to be someone in the eyes of other people. Always seeking to be with those who have some sort of status or popularity. Always trying to please people.

Maybe we should spend more time trying to please God.

Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment