Friday, June 17, 2011

Stand in the Gap

The LORD said to Moses, "How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them? I will strike them down with a plague and destroy them, but I will make you into a nation greater and stronger than they.

This is an account of what God said to Moses. Found in Numbers 14:11 after Israel rebelled against God.

BUT Moses stood in the gap and prayed. He reminded God that He is long suffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving their sins. And because of Moses and his prayers God spared all of Israel.

In verse 20 He said , "I have pardoned, according to your word."

I can't help but compare this to our nation. Our country has rebelled against God, complaining against Him. We have forgotten His miracles and great power. America was once united in faith, governed by the Word, and it was birthed through prayer and trust in God.
Now we live in a nation that curses His name, that believes that evil is good and good is evil. We've become a nation that worships the god of money and self.
God's hand of judgement is upon us.

BUT Christians....PRAY!! We can stand in the gap! We can remind God of His love and mercy.

Don't you see? We need to be crying out to God for our country! Praying for our leaders, praying for God to have mercy on us for our sins. We need to take it seriously. We need to cry out to God. We need to have a heart for the lost. We need to be dilligent about it. Time is short.

It's a simple message and one that has been said before many times I am sure. But I feel such an urgency in my spirit.

PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment